Friday 19 June 2009

The Jungle Book

I just finished reading one of my favourite books, Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. I like not only the stories, which are interesting in themselves, but also the fact that the animals are personified, and possess great qusaities. And the Jungle is another world, with its own complicated laws and rules, and it is much more deep and full of life that we ever think. i know it is only a book, and its not real!:), but since reading about Mowgli when I was little, I often wonder what are the chances of me getting lost in a Jungle, and being saved and befriended by a pack of wolves...aah, the ridiculous dreams people have sometimes :))

Im quite excited about recently buying a copy of the book for myself here in the UK, now I don't need to bring with me every time from Bulgaria. This is the next title on my book shelf, which has it's sister copy in Sofia...One day and I will have to transfer them all to wherever my home will be..a nice little reunion.

I found a beautiful illustration of The Jungle Book in the ent, and it looks a lot like my copy. And Im sharing with you my favourite song of the book, The White Seal.


Seal Lullaby
Oh! hush thee, my baby, the night is behind us,
And black are the waters that sparkled so green
The moon, o'er the combers, looks downward to find us
At rest in the hollows that rustle between.
Where billow meets billow, there soft be thy pillow;
Ah, weary wee flipperling, curl at thy ease!
The storm ahall not wake thee, nor shark overtake thee,
Asleep in the arms of the slow-swinging seas.

No comments:

Post a Comment