Thursday 1 October 2009

A Little Fashion Story for a Great Woman

This will be another "different" post for me, but funnily, quite similar to many of the blogs I've recently read. It seems fashion blogs are really popular right now, maybe they have ever been, but frankly I have never been interested in them. I know hardly anything about fashion, my worldly fascinations continue to be in other spheres of life, like politics, music, culture and people, but talking about people...There is one supermodel of the world I really like, both as a professional and as a person, of course knowing her only from her two very popular TV shows "America's Next Top Model" and "The Tyra Banks' Show". Ever since I "discovered" her as an interesting person in the gossip colons and fashion magazines, and started watching ANTM as a provider of information for a completely different world than mine, I started liking Tyra for her genuine personality, for her seemingly effortless charm, and for the very well controlled and managed argumentative nature :)) These days I like her even more, she is beautiful, funny and natural, and without a doubt enters my "Women That I Think Are Fabulous" list. :D
Just today I saw this video that The New York Times Magazine made with her, about her life, career and experiences. I think its a lovely video, and unlike many of the supermodels, models and girls-wanting-to-be-models...Tyra makes me feel as if she and I are not from two different worlds, that indeed we are the same...except for her height...and inhuman like ability to "smise" :)) Miss Tyra Banks is a fabulous woman indeed :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aINaHOxZN_4&feature=fvst

No comments:

Post a Comment